The empties bag is back! Looking very well-nourished, much like meself after a day on the Easter eggs.
Last year I did a monthly empties report, and this year the trash stash is making occasional seasonal appearances. So, Spring empties, here we go.
The vast majority of these products were bought by me. There’s the odd PR product, but I’ll make it clear which ones they are with a * and link back to the original reviews.
Spring empties bag – what’s inside?
- L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath – Never met a L’Occitane product I didn’t like. These lavender-scented bubbles were perfect for those days when you just have to hide from the world in a hot bath.
- Medik8 Daily Radiance Vitamin C moisturiser – I do like Medik8 as a brand, but this sample sized moisturiser didn’t really convince me.
- Beauty Kitchen Intense Moisture Organic Shampoo – Lovely herbal scent, very good for shine.
- Provoke Touch of Silver conditioner – Just OK, haven’t repurchased though am sticking with the Touch of Silver shampoo.
- Forest Essentials Soundarya Moisture Rich Body Milk* – Am working my way through the box of Forest Essentials products I reviewed at the end of last year. This is a light but effective body lotion, good one for Spring/Summer.
- Desavery Garrigue Body Oil*
- Desavery Stellar Daily Serum* – I thought these Desavery products were especially good in the colder months, when you just want to oil yourself up. Lovely uplifting vegan herbal scents and very long lasting – I originally reviewed these last July.
- Adaptology Dry Spell Moisturiser – Quite rich, but the more I used it the more I liked it. Leaves skin feeling super healthy and nourished.
- Laura Mercier Pure Canvas Primer – She’s just the queen of primers, LM, isn’t she?
- Fresh Sugar Lip Wonder Drops – My second bottle of this, but I didn’t find it anywhere near as effective as the first one, plus it didn’t last anything like as long. What happened there?
- Malin + Goetz Peppermint Shampoo – I nabbed this from a fancy hotel. It’s what they would’ve wanted.
- Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Mask – One of those masks that doesn’t do a lot, but you feel fancy AF using it, so that’s OK then.
And the rest?
A few things turned up in the Spring empties bag that I have no memory of using and no inclination to write about, so I dumped their bland asses straight in the bin.
Product of the season for Spring has to be the L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath because as we all know, there is no greater luxury than to have a bath, just because, on a workday afternoon. Maybe don’t tell your boss though.