Blimey, March came around quick, didn’t it? Perhaps the world is speeding up. Time to mark it up via the medium of empties.
This is the second of my monthly list of used up beauty products. I’ve been keeping them in a washbag, ready to be counted and in one case, crowned Product of the Month. Last month’s bag of retired treats is here.
And this month? The bag filled up pretty quickly, as it turned out.
Firstly I should say that in the empties list below, anything marked with a * is a press sample sent to me for review, and if there’s a longer review available then I’ll link to it. The rest of it was bought by (or gifted to) me. Links to products may be affiliate, but this post is not affiliate-driven.
My empties for February 2021
This month saw Spring start to peep around the corner, therefore I clearly celebrated by keeping squeaky clean. Well, what else can you do, these days?
- Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil – This was great; very handy to have the brush on one end and the eyebrow pencil on the other.
- The Organic Pharmacy Detoxifying Seaweed Bath Soak*
- The Organic Pharmacy Cleopatra’s Body Scrub* Loved using these, they were a total treat. Full review here.
- Ella Mae Paris Cosmetics Shampoo*
- Ella Mae Paris Regenerating Mask* I know I said in my review that this was special occasion hair care but hey, a Zoom call counts as a special occasion too.
- Alvarez Gomez Agua de Concentrada Gel de Bano – A nice bath treat I picked up in Liberty to get me through the winter from the oldest perfumery in Spain.
- Nesti Dante Soap – Crikey, how many baths did I have this month? Reminder to self to check the water rates.
- Byredo Hair Perfume in Mohave Ghost – I really don’t see the point of hair perfume. If your hair smells bad, you wash it, right? Consequently this sample only got used up because I repurposed it as a body spray.
- Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy – What did you do in the lockdown mummy? Well, I watched a lot of Netflix and I managed to use up a whole lipstick.
Deep breath, keep going
- Les Tresors d’Yggrasil Promenons nous dans les bois (Let’s take a walk in the woods) soap – A beautiful handmade soap, created using ancient techniques in an actual cauldron using natural French ingredients. Very special indeed. Find it here.
- Skin Regimen Hydra Plumping Concentrate – Hugely overpriced serum that didn’t do much.
- Superdrug Optimum Collagen Serum* – Tremendously bargainous serum that does a nice job of plumping and moisturising. More on the range here.
- Mitchum Bamboo Power Natural Deodorant
- Amplex Active Anti Perspirant Deodorant – Whilst other people were stockpiling loo roll I was stocking up on deodorant and, well, there are no real winners in that scenario, are there?
And there’s more…
- Foreo Call It A Night Ginseng + Olive Oil Mask*
- Foreo Youth Junkie Collagen-Infused Mask* A few more enjoyable outings for my UFO2 device.
- TonyMoly Panda’s Dream Cream – Put it on, realised it was wildly out of date, scrubbed it off immediately whilst howling into the night.
- Ziaja BB Cream – This Polish brand BB cream was a bit of a find. Light, blends in nicely, contains SPF 15 and lots of decent ingredients, plus it’s under a fiver. Result.
- Emma Hardie Midas Touch Revitalising Eye Serum – Nourishing without being overwhelming on the delicate eye area. Impressive.
- 111Skin Celestial Black Diamond Contour Gel – However, with this one I used the whole sample and was still none the wiser as to what it was supposed to be doing.
- CeraVe Hydrating Cream to Foam Cleanser – Pretty basic but effective.
- Neve’s Bees Lip Balm – Ah, what a lovely brand this is. More on them here.
- REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream – Perfectly nice moisturiser, though I don’t like that they’ve given it the ‘global protection’ tag when it hasn’t got any SPF in there.
- The Body Shop Warm Vanilla Hand Cream* – Remember when we all smelled like Christmas? Fun times.
Product of the month
No question over my product of the month – it’s the handmade French soap, from Les Tresors d’Yggrasil
I took part in a Secret Santa swap over Christmas via a website, and this was thoughtfully chosen for me by a lovely person whom I will never meet. It makes me think of kindness, connection, artisan makers who care about their products in an individual way and the French countryside which I would like to visit again one day. Just beautiful and magical in every way. You can find the brand here.