Just time for a brief sashay though the empties bag this month. If your December is anything like as busy as mine then…well… I’ll meet you by the gin trough, OK?
Oh hang on, I can’t make it because I’ve got about 50 billion fecking things to do.
Keep my gin for later, though, I’ll get to it.
There’s not a vast amount in the empties bag this month, though I’m glad to say that the quality is high and we have no duffers turning up to harsh our beauty buzz.
So how this goes is that each month this year I’ve been gathering my beauty empties in a washbag. At the end of the month I have a shufty and crown one of them Product of the Month.
As before, in the November empties list below, anything marked with a * is a press sample sent to me for review. If there’s a longer review available then I’ll link to it. The rest of it was bought by me. Links to products may be affiliate, but this post is not affiliate-driven. Last month’s empties are here.
- L’Occitane Almond Shower oil – I love this stuff so much, oh hello Christmas list I missed you…
- Wild Natural Deodorant Refill – I said a few months back that I couldn’t face having to order this for a fiver online, but now it’s stocked in Sainsburys and usually reduced a bit I’m back on it.
- Desavery Oil Cleanser* – Deep cleansing & aromatic, lasted a surprisingly long time (around 4 months) considering it’s only a small bottle. Original review here.
- Banho Citron Verbena soap – Lasted about a nanosecond but damn, it was a good nanosecond.
- CND Solar Oil – Great for cuticles & making a manicure last. Will repurchase.
- Medik8 C Tetra – Terrific brightening Vitamin C serum. Liked this a lot and would definitely buy it again, though I have a bunch of other serums to get through first.
- Commodity Orris perfume sample – Commodity disappeared for a while but are now apparently on their way back. Hope their candle in the fragrance Book returns. It’s THE BEST scent to write to.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair – A classic, reliably nourishing serum. Can’t really go wrong with this.
Product of the month – L’Occitane Almond Shower oil
Love this stuff, been using it for years. It just feels so velevety and delicious. Wakes you up in the morning without being the punch up the nose that minty scents can be. Helps if you have a thing about marzipan because it is very almondy. You’ll step out of the shower feeling like a bakewell tart, which (trust me) is a good way to start the day.