The down side of the world opening up is that I’ve finally been able to get some fillings fixed at the dentist so please send good vibes. Two injections! One on each side! I look like a chipmunk that’s had a stroke. Send an extra big portion of your bestest vibes please. The postman knows where I live.
So, June involved a bit of scampering hither and thither (still with a mask on, I’m not a barbarian). For the second month in a row the contents of the empties bag is pretty scanty.
If you’ve not delved into empties with me before, the deal is that every month this year I gather my beauty empties in a washbag. Then I spill them out to see what tale the plastic runes are telling and which one deserves the title of Product of the Month.
As before, in the June empties list below, anything marked with a * is a press sample sent to me for review. If there’s a longer review available then I’ll link to it. The rest of it was bought by me. Links to products may be affiliate, but this post is not affiliate-driven.
So what’s in the bag of used up products for June?
- Nivea Extra Gentle Eye Make up Remover – Now, this was rubbish. I normally buy the regular version of this, but that had all sold out so I had to go for the extra gentle variety. Don’t be fooled like I was, it doesn’t work. An eye make up remover for people who don’t wear eye make up.
- Living Proof full dry volume blast – A cross between hairspray and a thickening product. Pretty good, especially when you’re trying to floof up your hair on days between washings.
- Superdrug Optimum Retinol Eye Cream* – A gel rather than a cream; very cooling and lightly moisturising. Liked this a lot, though I’m not fooling myself that it’s got much in the way of retinol in it. Full range reviewed here.
- Biore UV Watery Essence SPF50+ – Terrific lightweight Japanese sunscreen. A regular purchase from eBay, though you can now get it from Amazon.
- Foreo UFO Call it a Night Mask* – Lovely juicy olive oil and ginseng mask for overnight hydration.
- Foreo H2Overdose Mask* – This one packs a hyaluronic acid punch. More on the UFO device here.
- Eve Lom Radiance Antioxidant Eye Cream – Really liked my sample of this rich eye cream.
- Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel – Reasonably effective cleanser that I couldn’t get excited about
- Commodity Bergamot perfume – Love this, would happily bathe in it
June empties – Product of the month
Well, it’s got to be Biore Watery Essence, since I’ve rebought this so often I’ve lost count. If you want reliable facial sun protection that’s so lightweight you won’t know you’re wearing it, this is it.