Hey reader! This is last year’s calendar. If you’ve come here looking for the Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar 2017 you’ll find it over here, with a pal.
First up – SPOILER ALERT – in this post I’m going to show you the complete list of exactly what is in the Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar 2016. So if you don’t wan’t to know, look away now.
OK, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
The M&S beauty advent calendar was a real festive highlight for me in 2015. I really loved opening up each day’s treat throughout December. It was a fantastic introduction to so many brands and products I’d never tried before, and the samples have kept me going throughout 2016.
It’s a tough act to follow, so how have they done?
A few things you need to know about the Marks and Spencer beauty advent calendar 2016
- It’s fantastic
Once again this is an excellently-curated collection of classics and new beauty products to try. I think you’re going to love it.
- It’s a fair chunk of change more expensive than last year
Last year, you had to spend £25 in Marks and Spencer to be able to buy the beauty advent calendar for £25. This year, the in store spend is £35 (from beauty, clothing and home but not furniture), and the calendar itself is £35, with contents valued at over £250. So you’re looking at spending £70 in total. I think the smart way to approach that is to think about whatever you need from M&S and hang fire until the 10th of November when the calendar is released. Last year, offers such as 3 for 2 could be combined with the advent calendar offer, so you can squeeze maximum value out of it. Plus I heard that some people sold the bits of the calendar they didn’t want on eBay and were able to make most of the purchase price back. Not me though. I kept it all for me me ME.
- It comes out on 10th November 2016
Last year’s Marks & Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar sold out in around 12 hours online. If you want to be assured of getting one then the smart thing to do is order as early as possible on the 10th November. They will also be available in store – last year there seemed to be far more in store than online, and they were around for at least a couple of weeks. I remember thinking at the time that this was probably a ploy to get people into the excellent M&S beauty department, which is a real treasure trove these days. Possibly I was overthinking, and they just under estimated the online demand. Whatever the case, it WILL sell out, so don’t hang about if you want one.
Ready? Here we go. I’ll show you a picture of everything and then list the contents individually
Now doesn’t that look spectacular? I’m drooling already. Here’s everything listed in full:
Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar Contents 2016
- Alpha H Liquid Gold – To me this is the stand out product. From the picture, it looks like a 50ml size, which is half full size and valued at £16.75
- Autograph All in one Nail Colour in Cranberry
- Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm with Vitamin E & Peppermint
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – Very excited to try this. can’t tell the size, but it looks like a decent sized sample. Full 100ml size of this is £38.
- Eyeko Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- Filorga Time Filler – This great quality filler cream is a welcome repeat from the 2015 calendar
- Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream
- Josh Wood Radiant Shine Hair Treatment Oil
- Leighton Denny Mini Crystal Nail File
- Look Good Feel Better Mini Powder Brush
- Nails Inc Gel One Coat Nail Polish in Piccadilly Court – Can’t find this online, so I wonder if they mean Piccadilly Circus?
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Bee Lovely Hand Cream
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse – Been meaning to try this classic French oil for years. Happy Christmas to me.
- Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – Another repeat from 2015 which I’m pleased to see back because it’s GREAT. And this year I will know to hide it from The Teenager
- Pixi Brow Tamer
- Pur Minerals Correcting Primer Prep & Perfect
- REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream
- Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Body Cream
- Rodial Super Acids X-treme Acid Rush Peel
- Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossy in Supermodel Shine – I just drooled a bit more. Has anybody got a tissue?
- Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna Natural Spray Fragrance
- Skyn Iceland Icelandic Relief Eye Cream
- Studio 10 Miracle Effect Priming Serum
- Ultrasun Face SPF 30
There really is something for everyone in there, with products for hair, body and face; a mix of high end and high street; skin care and make up.
As yet there is no online link for this calendar, but I will add one in when it appears. Until then, set your alarm for 10th November when it goes on sale.
UPDATE 10th November
The Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent calendar is now on sale here It keeps bouncing in and out of stock online, so if they don’t have it, keep checking back or pick one up in store.
Will you be buying a beauty advent calendar in 2016? What do think of this one? Leave a comment below
Also details of some of the Superdrug beauty advent calendars are here and currently on special offer of up to 50% off