Honestly, you get no Memeboxes for ages and then they all come along at once. I had four arrive today.
First up, there’s Global box #12. This is the regular monthly Memebox Korean beauty box containing a mix of full size and sample sized skin care, hair products and make up.They’re usually great value and full of interesting products. This is no exception:
- Ryo Anti-Hair Loss Treatment (50ml sample, $3)
I got this in a previous box and it makes for a great conditioner, leaving hair really smooth. Happy to see it again.
- Banila Co Claypatra Mineral Salt Clay Pack (12g sample, $2.52)
This face mask uses mud from the Dead Sea, a place I’ve always wanted to visit. So I’ll start by smearing it on my face. Fun times.
- Plagentra White Mark Cream (15g sample, $5.70)
An anti-stretch mark cream. Now those I can provide, thank you babies.
- Plagentra White Mark Lotion, Cream, Massage Gel (foil samples)
More of the above. Are they trying to say something about my stretch marks?
- L.vida Nail Polish (full size $7)
An eye-scorching neon orange, in a pretty bottle with a flower on it. I can see the teenage daughter inheriting this.
- Inter-cos Smooth Sensitive Removal Cream (full size 250ml $43)
For removing of the moustache. Between that and the lack of strech marks, no one will recognise me.
- Palan Crysence Organic Essence (full size 120ml $72)
This fancy hair essence is the big ticket item in the box. I would never pay over £40 for hair goop so I’m fascinated to see if this does anything amazing and magical. It should make you a cup of tea too, at that price.
This box retails at $23 plus $7 shipping. I paid slightly less as I had some credit in my account, so it worked out at $24.99/£14.50 all in. Box value is $133.22 / £78, so not too shabby at all.
If you want a box like this one, the next one that’s not sold out is Global Box #16
Next, there’s the Memebox scent bundle. These were on sale as individual boxes, but there was a 3 for the price of 2 offer, so since I already wanted the Rose and Grapefruit scented boxes I figure that I might as well get the Baby Powder box as well, for free.
These boxes were on sale at $15 each plus shipping at $6.99, or all three for $30 plus shipping, with 3-4 items promised in each.
I had a few discounts to use up, so I paid $28.99/£17 for all three including shipping. Considering the value of the boxes is over $150/£90 I think I did pretty well there.
But box value is meaningless if you’re not going to use what’s inside. Luckily, these boxes score pretty well on that front too.
- Rose Mine Plumpy Tint in Roseberry ($11)
This is a lip and cheek tint, a bit like Benefit’s Benetint, but more jam-like. Looks like blood but applies like rose.
- Rose Mine Floral Remedy Foam Cleanser (120ml, $22)
Love the Cath Kidston style packaging, and a cleanser is always useful
- Happy Bath Rose Essence Body Wash (200g $11)
I do love a happy bath
- Hope Girl Magic Skin Primer (5 x 2ml samples)
Although the samples are small, I like that there are plenty to try and I like the idea of a rose-tinted primer.
- Mimi Lauryne’s Perfume Soap French Blossom (100g, $18)
A lovely soft and crumbly luxury organic soap containing shea butter, olive oil and coconut milk. Delicious.
- Consensus Fabric Deodorizer Baby Powder (30ml sample, $0.64)
For when your clothes don’t smell enough like nappies. This I am less excited about.
- Lailly 7 Seconds Make-Up Booster (50g $40)
This seems to be a primer, except it’s blue and smells faintly of baby powder. May come in handy for Smurf cosplay. I like it though.
- Happy Fam Deo Fresh Baby Powder wipes (20, $2)
Useful for travelling or when you are feeling skanky.
- Mimi Lauryne’s Dress Perfume Mist de Grapefruit (150ml $18)
This is a citrus mist for unstinkyfying your habitat. A posh air freshener, basically. Really like this.
- Kael28 Sun Killing Grapefruit Gel (270ml $30)
The ultimate multi-functioning product. It’s a hydrating gel that’s a toner, an emulsion, an essence, a cream, a soother of burns and a sleeping pack. It’s also anti-aging. Won’t make you a cup of tea though. They always leave that part out.
- Sun Smile Hydro Gel Choosy Fruit (2 @ $2)
This moisturising lip mask is probably best not worn in public, or when answering the phone. Looking forward to trying it out.
- Happy Fam Deo Fresh Grapefruit (20, $2)
More refresher type wipes, for when you just can’t smell fruit bowly enough.
I paid for this box with my own money.