The leaves on the trees are turning Autumn brown, so clearly it must be time to think of…Christmas.
No, wait, what? It can’t be Christmas already can it? Well clearly it can if you’re a John Lewis customer because their beauty advent calendar for 2018 is already on sale. Maybe they were just excited and couldn’t wait. Premature Christmastification. It’s a thing, I swear.
Personally, even though I probably will buy a beauty advent calendar, I can’t even consider thinking about it right now. Which means that I’ll probably miss the boat with this one, as it really is a very good deal. The box is quite dull and un-Christmassy, but luckily the contents are a lot more interesting. Here’s what’s inside:
John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar 2018 Contents
- Nars Velvet Lip Glide, 3.4ml (sample size, value £13.72)
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, 14.7ml (sample size, value £8.82)
- Dermalogica PreCleanse Balm, 15ml (travel size RRP £11.50 – see my review of this product here)
- REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic, 50ml (sample size, value £5)
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, 15ml (sample size, value £25.50)
- Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara, 4g (mini size, RRP £10.50)
- Floral Street Ylang Ylang Espresso Eau de Parfum, 10ml (mini size, RRP £22)
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer, 15ml (sample size, value £14.45)
- Fresh Rose Face Mask, 15ml (sample size, value £10.50)
- Clarins Extra Firming Jour Day Cream, 15ml (sample size, value £17.40)
- Neals Yard Frankincense Intense Lift Serum, 3ml (sample size, value £7.50)
- Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream, 15ml (sample size, value £33)
- AVEDA Volumizing Tonic, 40ml (sample size, value £8)
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, 1.3g (sample size, value £5.46)
- Givenchy L’Interdit Eau De Toilette, 10ml (sample size, value £7.94)
- Sarah Chapman Overnight Facial, 5ml (sample size, value £16.33)
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, 10ml (sample size, value £2.40)
- Bare Minerals Skin Longevity, 7.5ml (sample size, value £7.20)
- Sisley Sisleya L’integral Anti Age, 5ml (sample size, value £43.33)
- Bobbi Brown Lip Colour, 2.25g (sample size, value £16.21)
- HERMÈS Twilly d’Hermès Eau De Parfum, 12.5ml (sample size, value £19.58)
- BECCA First Light Priming Filter, 15ml (mini size, RRP £15)
- Zelens Marine Cream, 10ml (sample size, value £25)
- Lancôme Custom Strobing Drop Liquid Highlighter, 7ml (sample size, value £12.13)
- Acqua Di Parma Eau de Cologne, 5ml (sample size, value £7)
- Acqua Di Parma Body Cream, 20ml (sample size, value £8.53)
- Acqua Di Parma Bath and Shower Gel, 20ml, value £3.30)
Total value: £377.30
Retail price: £165
As you can see, this calendar contains 25 sample sizes of high end skincare and perfume, plus a little make up. It’s a great way to try out these products without having to buy a full pot – although if you like something it may prove to be an expensive habit to keep up. The skincare on the whole looks fairly rich and is clearly aimed at dry and ageing skin.
And that’s not all – several of the brands have extra offers included:
- Lancôme – Complimentary trial size foundation sample
- Elemis – In store complimentary 15-minute facial personally prescribed to address your skincare concerns
- AVEDA – Book in to a John Lewis AVEDA counter for a personalized hair and scalp camera analysis. The service will also include a massage and an aroma experience along with complimentary samples of your tailor made prescription for great hair
- Fresh – Buy the full-size Rose Face Mask and receive a complimentary mini of Soy Face Cleanser.
- Clarins – An invitation for you to enjoy a complimentary makeup or skin care consultation at a John Lewis Clarins counters and discover the secret to great skin in 2019
And one more thing – 20 of the John Lewis Beauty Advent calendars contain £100 of beauty vouchers. Time to get lucky.
The John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar is available now here. It retails at £165 and postage is free.