I’m not doing a Christmas gift guide this year, but I did want to focus on a few nice things that could make a good gift. Or indeed a treat for yourself if life has put the squeeze on you.
This scented beauty box hits the spot pretty well – it’s a Perfume Society Discovery Box. The Perfume Society sell a number of different boxes like this, with various options released throughout the year. You can sign up for membership, or buy boxes as a one off. They retail at under £20, and are a great way to find out if a new scent is for you before you fork out for a full bottle.
The theme of this box is Fashion, Fabric & Fragrance. It’s all about how perfumers manage to capture the texture of a fabric through scent – a highly-evolved take on Does it smell nice or not?
It’s a really jam-packed scent sampler box, fat with potential. There’s one full sized product, a fragranced hair mist, which covers the cost of the box. Plus you get 8 sampler perfumes ranging in size from 1 to 8ml. There’s also a mini shower gel, plus some delightful scented temporary tattoos.
- Jasper Conran Nightshade 1.2ml eau de parfum (full size RRP £60)
- Elie Saab Girl of Now 1ml eau de parfum (full size RRP £38)
- By Terry Délectation Splendide 1.5ml eau de parfum (full size RRP £175)
- Lalique Satine 1.8ml eau de parfum (full size RRP £64)
- Estée Lauder Modern Muse 7ml minature eau de parfum (full size RRP £49)
- La Perla La Mia Perla 8ml minature (full size RRP £39)
- MUGLER AURA MUGLER 1.2ml eau de parfam (full size RRP £49)
- AERIN Evening Rose 2ml eau de parfum (full size RRP £96)
- Molton Brown Russian Leather Shower Gel 30ml (full size RRP £20),
- Molton Brown Russian Leather Scented Tattoos set of 6
- Percy & Reed’s A Walk in the Rain Shine & Fragrance Mist (75ml full size product, RRP £15)