These beauty advent calendars are coming in so thick and fast now, I reckon we’ll be sick of them by Halloween. It’s amazing how something that wasn’t even a thing 5 years ago is now a hotly contested marketplace. Time to treat yo’self guys.
In this post we’re looking at the Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar 2017 and the first ever John Lewis Beauty Advent Calendar. Just giving you fair warning that I’ve got photos of what’s inside both, so don’t scroll down if you’re not in the mood for a spoiler, OK?
First up, and already on sale is the John Lewis offering. What a corker!
This is the first ever John Lewis beauty advent calendar and I think they’ve really outdone themselves with the selection of (really quite special) brands and products. Inside you’ll find:
- Nars Blush Orgasm Blusher, 3.5g
- Laura Mercier Radiance Primer, 15ml
- Chloe Eau de Parfum, 5ml
- ESPA Tri-Active Advanced Night Booster, 10ml
- Clinique Chubby Stick, 3g
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, 13g
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer, 4g
- Muglar Aura Eau de Parfum, 5ml
- Omorovicza Cleansing Foam, 30ml
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, 5ml
- Zelens Transformer Mask, 15ml
- Guerlain Mon Guerlain Eau de Parfum, 5ml
- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Mask, 15ml
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Mascara, 3ml
- MAC Lip Intensity Lipstick, 3.6g
- Fresh Soy Cleanser, 50ml
- Neom Mood Lifting Pulse Point, 5ml
- Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod Body Wash, 50ml
- Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, 50ml
- Sarah Chapman Morning Facial, 5ml
- Ren Ultra Comforting Evercalm Mask, 10ml
- Original & Mineral Hydrate Shampoo, 50ml
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon, Blacquer, 0.3g
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream, 15ml
- Hermes Eau des Merveilles Eau de Toilette, 7.5ml
It retails at £149 and is available to buy here now on the John Lewis site. I think this is going to give the Liberty Advent Calendar a run for its money, since it’s around the same price point and also features luxury brands, but it doesn’t come out until near the end of October. Well played John Lewis!
The Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendar 2017 doesn’t go on sale until November 9th. I will add in a link when it’s available. As with last year you have to spend £35 on clothing or home (easily done) to get access to the calendar for £35.
And this is what you get:
As you can see, it’s a wonderful selection from the excellent Marks and Spencer beauty hall. Brands include Nuxe, Rodial, Gatineau, REN, Filorga, Percy & Reed, Pixi, Ultrasun and Eyeko. Here’s the full list
- Filorga Meso + Mask
- Rodial Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel, 15ml
- Korres Wild Rose Advanced Repair, 16ml
- Autograph Hydrating Primer, 15ml
- Ultrasun Ultralip (full size)
- Percy & Reed Session Hold Spray, 50ml
- Pixi Lift Max Sheen in Honey, 1g
- Diego Dalla Palma Ciglione Mascara (full size)
- Alpha H Liquid Gold Rose, 50ml
- Eyeko Black Magic Mascara, 4ml
- Ameliorate Skin Transforming Body Lotion, 50ml
- Shay & Blue Blood Oranges, 10ml
- Nuxe Prodigieux Shower Oil, 30ml
- Formula Innovate Radiance Reveal Peel
- Ren Instant Firming Beauty Shot, 10ml
- Leighton Denny Glitter Nail Polish, 12ml
- Stila Stay all Day in Perla, 1.5ml
- Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream, 15ml
- Rosie for Autograph Amazing Radiance Body Glow, 50ml
- Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Advanced Rejuvenating Cream,15ml
- Balance Me Rose Face Oil, 10ml
- Pur Correcting Primer Illuminate & Glow
- M&S Cosmetic Bag
Star pick for most people is probably going to be the Alpha H Liquid Gold Rose, which is a milder version of the regular Liquid Gold exfoliant. However, if you bought the Tili box by QVC (as I did) then you will already have encountered this product. And there are quite a few repeats in this calendar from previous offerings by M & S – I’ve definitely had that Emma Hardie cleansing balm, the Shay & Blue perfume and Nails Inc nail polish before.
I bought the first two Marks and Spencer Beauty Advent Calendars and my first thought on this one is that it’s more of the same, when what I really want is something new. If this is your first year treating yourself to a beauty advent calendar then I can definitely give M&S the thumbs up as one of the good ‘uns. But personally I will be looking for something new this year – and I’m strongly tempted by John Lewis.